Miami locals are proud of their city and are known to maintain a certain “Miami” lifestyle. This lifestyle is centered around the exciting plans during the weekend, and here are some of the activities that Miami locals take part in during the weekend.
- Beach – It is obvious that the beach plays a big part in South Florida traditions. Since the sunshine state is mostly always warm and sunny, the beach is the best place to go for a relaxing retreat to swim, tan, or play sports.
- Restaurants – Miami is known for their range of cuisine from authentic Cuban restaurants to five-star sushi restaurants to steak houses galore. The prices vary, you can get a high quality upscale experience in some restaurants, or visit a more casual and affordable restaurant.
- Nightlife – Let’s not forget the nightlife, which makes Miami seem like a city that never sleeps. After a long day at the beach, followed by restaurant dining, Miami locals do not rest. They continue making the most out of their weekend by visiting any of the bars or clubs in town, there is always somewhere to be.
Restaurants, bars, and nightclubs are always swarming with patrons in Miami, as well as other parts of South Florida. This can become overwhelming when it comes to linen and towels. Take the stress out of this aspect by renting from the best. Gold Coast Linen Linen Service is highly qualified in assisting you with all your linen, uniform, and towel needs for your place of business. Give us a call today at (954) 785-7202 to get a quote on service.
April showers may bring May flowers up North but in sunny #SOFLO we have flowers blooming year round. This makes our area desirable not only for the people who vacation here but also those of us who live and work here too!
But enough about spring and flowers let’s get down to business. We’re here to help restaurants, cafes, sports bars, bakeries, basically any and every food business in town get the linens and uniforms they require to “make it rain!”.
If you’re not familiar with that phrase it basically means we are here to help your business be as successful as possible by providing you with the tablecloths, napkins, aprons, towels, floor mats, facility services and anything else it needs. Another part of being successful isn’t just having the items on hand it’s also utilizing them to their fullest potential.
So low and behold we have found this awesome “Napkin Folding Guide” with different folds which you can implement on your table and really get it to be noticed by your patrons.
Now it’s easy enough to just fold them in half and then half again and place them on the table but your business is going to stand out from the rest – take a few extra seconds to fold masterpieces that will leave customers in awe!
View this custom napkin folding guide here - http://www.napkinfoldingguide.com/
For any seasoned towel connoisseur, deciding on a bath towel is like deciding on a life insurance plan. There are many types of towels and choosing the wrong towel may result in a business’s failure. Therefore, it is vital to have an extreme amount of passion when deciding on your towels.
Here are some of the various kinds of towels you need to research before making that important decision:
- Egyptian Cotton – If your spa’s image is one of high quality and elegance, then a towel made of Egyptian cotton is right up your alley. These are the more premium towels, as they are soft and elegant. These are the superstars of all towels.
- Terry Towel – If you are searching for a basic, affordable towel which provides a light scrub and assists in lathering, the terry towel is the one to go for. This is an efficient, simple towel for a casual business.
- Large towels – Large towels cost more due to the larger amount of material. However, for spas where the customers prefer to cover their body during massages or other services, they are necessary. Hair salons prefer larger towels as well to cover large hair quantities.
- Small towels – Salons prefer smaller towels over large towels because of their affordability as well as functionality. Nail salons do not need large towels as their towels are specifically used for hand drying.
- Different colors – Businesses tend to go for the basic white color towels, opt for a change in scenery by asking your towel service company for alternate colors such as purple, red, or blue.
Deciding on towels is a difficult task. Gold Coast is here to help, though. Contact us today and we will be able to assist you in taking the difficulty out of deciding on bath towels for your spa or salon.
Business owners of all kinds of companies and industries know that the number one goal in a business is to make a profit. However, in restaurants, and many other industries, this goal can get lost in the day-to-day struggles of business upkeep. There are many techniques that a business owner should refer to when maximizing profit for your restaurant business, here are a few.
- Daily Sales Reports – Having sales reports daily will benefit in analyzing which products are more or less profitable and which ones need price adjustments. It also helps analyze the busiest hours and to plan accordingly whether to adjust employee’s hours or offer promotional specials during the non-busy hours.
- Create and Execute Your Business Plan – By following a business plan, you will be more organized in your business management. This will assist in multitasking and focusing on many different goals for your profit and expenses.
- Know Your Market – Advertising, marketing, and simply being located in the proper location will benefit your business’s profit immensely. It may seem difficult in running a restaurant as well as producing revenue for the business.
However, through thorough planning it does not have to be difficult. Restaurants that use linen every day can benefit extremely from a high quality linen service.
Contact Gold Coast today at one of our many lines, based on your location, and one of our qualified representatives will guide you through the process of starting a service which will save you time and money today.
The kitchen is the most important feature of a restaurant. In this place, all the food is created and then distributed to guests. Contaminated kitchens are a recipe for disaster and might cost your business. It is important to keep your kitchen clean and sanitary before and after every work shift. Therefore, here are some ways to keep the kitchen clean.
- Sanitize prep surfaces
- Mop floors
- Disinfect waste and trash stations
- Change foil of grills and ovens
- Wash all appliances
- Wash-down beverage dispensers and clean out ice machines
- Wash all dishes
- Sanitize refrigeration and freezer
- Dust down light fixtures, glassware, and cabinets
- Refrigerate all food that was left out during day
By following this checklist, you will not miss out on any important steps in the cleaning up process for your restaurant’s kitchen. Don’t forget to place all your towels, tablecloths, and napkins in bins for your quality linen service to collect and replace. If you do not have a quality service, contact us today. We are available on standby at (561) 832-3841 or (954) 785-7202 to provide you with a quote and get you started with our service today.
It is well-known that South Florida has some of the most dangerous drivers. Our high insurance rates can attest to the fact that there are accidents all the time, which lead to some serious traffic. Therefore, if you are a tourist or Florida native, here are some tips and tricks for getting around without yanking at your hair.
- Carpool- Carpooling has many benefits. When sharing a car with someone you are saving the environment as well as money for gas and parking. Also, many South Florida highways have a carpool-only lanes, which are beneficial in getting to locations faster.
- Sunpass- When it comes to a Sunpass, it is a Floridian’s prized-possession. There are many express lanes, and even airport parking, which only take Sunpass as the form of payment. These will help you get through tolls faster as well and paying less than Bill-to-Plate features or Cash-Only tolls.
- Avoid Rush Hour- If possible, avoid these pesky hours of the day where everyone is busy either commuting to or from work. The hours are usually between 7-9am and in the afternoon they can start as early as 2pm till 6pm.
- Public Parking- When visiting tourist places such as South Beach in Miami, parking can be a hassle. We recommend parking in public locations such as public lots and meters. These can be cheaper than private lots, where some places it is just under $1 per hour, while in private lots it starts at a $20 flat rate.
- GPS System- There are some GPS systems, such as Google Maps, which will provide traffic information for you based on where you are headed and provide you with the fastest way of getting there. This is extremely handy due to random traffic jams that can occur due to the heavy amount of accidents that happen in South Florida.
Gold Coast understands that the traffic in South Florida is something extremely stressful. This is why we provide a linen service that is the complete opposite. You can relax and be at ease knowing that your linen is taken care of by our trusted professionals. Visit our site here for a price quote on a quality service that will take the stress out of your life for good.
1. Florida has the longest coastline in the US and is the only state that borders both the Gulf of Mexico as well as the Atlantic Ocean!
2. It is the largest producer of oranges in the entire US.
3. It is illegal for doors that face outside open inwards due to the hurricane season.
4. Key West has the highest average temperature of any place in the US.
5. Florida has the most golf courses of any state.
6. Ft. Lauderdale aka “Venice of America” received this nickname due to the 150+ miles of waterways.
7. Key Largo is known as the Dive Capital of the World.
8. No matter where you are located within the state you are never more than 60 miles from the beach.
9. Florida is the only place on the planet where alligators and crocodiles live in the same habitat.
10. Florida is not the southernmost state. Hawaii is.
For the typical South Floridian, spending a summer in South Florida seems like an ordinary, typical day. However, if you are on a tight budget or cannot afford to miss work for a trip to a foreign country or another state this summer, here are some fun activities anyone of all ages can take part in in the Sunshine State!
- Jet Skiing or Parasailing- Are you tired of taking trips to the beach and soon after realizing that there is nothing to do besides lay in the messy sand or swim in murky waters with creatures roaming around your body? Spice things up by renting a jet ski for the day or para-sail, your weekend will be fun for sure.
- Fashion Show In Miami- Miami is a popular place for lovers of high-end items. Therefore, this city is almost always hosting several fashion shows in many places either in South Beach or downtown Miami. Visiting one of these fashion shows is a must-do for the fashionista in you.
- Trip To Orlando- Orlando is a fun place to visit over the weekend. The hottest spots are the theme parks, like one of the parks in Disney or checking out Universal/Islands of Adventure. Let the child inside of you come out as you have a blast and enjoy your Florida Resident discount!
- Visit A Zoo- South Florida has many zoos and animal centers that range from ocean animals and land animals. Bring your kids, friends, or significant other with you and enjoy a day with wildlife.
- Give Back To The Community- It doesn’t matter if you are a young college student or a retired senior, giving back to the community is sure to put a smile on anyone’s face. South Florida is filled with many opportunities for volunteer work; you can clean up the beach, feed the homeless, or play with furry pets in the animal shelter.
- Visit A Casino or Bingo Tournament- Want an exciting weekend? Take a chance and visit the casino or your local bingo hall and let the risk-taker inside of you come out.
- Go On A Dinner Date- Whether you’re single or married, young or old, there is nothing more romantic than going on a dinner date in one of South Florida’s finest restaurants. Treat your spouse or new flavor of the week to a dinner by the ocean and enjoy the wonderful place you live in.
- Sunday Brunch- Finish your weekend, getting ready for the new start of the week, by grabbing brunch at a nice restaurant in the middle of your Sunday.
If you are a business owner in the South Florida area and looking for linen for your restaurant or cafe, give us a ring at (954) 785-7202 or (561) 832-3841.
It’s not about what you see, but what you don’t see that can really put your restaurant and its’ customers at risk. The truly dirty items that you should worry about in your restaurants are not just the mud traces on the floor and the wine stains on the bartender’s apron. The most alarming are invisible to the naked eye: germs. While it’s pretty much impossible to get rid of germs altogether – it is important to keep harmful ones at a minimum.
The Dirtiest Items in your Restaurant – Some May Surprise You!
In a recent study conducted by an ABC News correspondent, they have found some of the most germ-infested items in the restaurant to include the following:
- Salad Bar tongs
- Ketchup bottles
- Bathroom faucets and door knobs
- Rims of glasses
- Salt and pepper shakers
How about the items in your kitchen where food is prepared? Other than our pots, pans, and cutlery you’ll be surprised to know that the very things we use to keep our kitchens tidy may very well be the culprit in spreading more germs!
- Countertops and Sinks. Even your stainless steel counters and sinks can house germs and bacteria. While stainless is still your better germ-resistant option, you still need to make sure that traces of raw meat, blood, and other raw produce are cleaned immediately.
- Floors. Just because it does not touch the food – directly – does not mean that you can neglect your kitchen floors. Those little drops of blood, freezer water, and whatever stuck to the bottom of the staff’s shoes track germs throughout. The slightest dampness is an invitation for bacteria to breed. A Floor Mat Service can also assist in preventing tracked in dirt, water and germs from even entering your business!
- Sponges, Mops and Towels. What you use to clean is just as important if not more than actual cleaning. Your bar towels, dish towels, and other similar linens should be handled by a professional linen service like ours to ensure they are sanitized and clean. The same can be said about your mops and mop buckets.
To maintain the quality and cleanliness of your towels and other restaurant linens contact us at Gold Coast! We have a quality linen service program that can be custom tailored to your restaurant and its’ needs. Our facilities practice the highest standards in hygiene, and we have a strict policy on on-time deliveries. This ensures that your restaurant will never run short on quality towels and linens.
In this day and age where technology seemingly makes everything possible, many people have been tweaking traditions and starting new ones. This is especially true with chef’s uniforms. The traditionalists may disagree and want to stick with traditional white attire, but many of today’s trendsetters are bravely venturing towards a more colorful change with their uniform choices.
Like most new trends there is always a question whether or not it suits you and your business. If you’re considering going for a color change on your staff’s uniforms, here are some things that you may want to consider:
- Fine Dining: Some eateries are fashioned to look traditional, others more modern. Most traditional restaurants – the fine-dining, formal-wearing kind – may not look good with colored uniforms.
- Choosing the Right Color Scheme: Many restaurant owners who go for colored uniforms want them to match their company logo and marketing materials. Make sure the colors you choose are ones that match your brand.
- Maintenance: If you’re looking for something low maintenance, neutral colors are the best choice; if you’re looking for easy to find and affordability traditional white is the way to go.
At the end of the day, the decision is yours; however, your most practical choice would always be what works best for your business – in form, convenience, and more importantly costs.
No matter what type of restaurant uniform your business require, we are here to help! At Gold Coast – we offer a wide variety of chef’s uniforms – from crisp, stark whites and also vibrant hues that are sure to match your restaurant’s look while providing the same comfort and protection to the employee.
We don’t only offer the highest quality linens and chef’s uniforms; we also offer services that are top of the line and unmatched by anyone else in the industry. We provide 24/7 access for service requests and quotes, pride ourselves in our on-time regular pick-up and delivery and impressive cost-control reporting that makes sure you know exactly what you’re paying for – nothing more, nothing less, no surprises.
Give your restaurant the linen and uniform service it deserves – Contact Us for a free no obligation quote – (561) 832-3841.