It is well-known that South Florida has some of the most dangerous drivers. Our high insurance rates can attest to the fact that there are accidents all the time, which lead to some serious traffic. Therefore, if you are a tourist or Florida native, here are some tips and tricks for getting around without yanking at your hair.
- Carpool- Carpooling has many benefits. When sharing a car with someone you are saving the environment as well as money for gas and parking. Also, many South Florida highways have a carpool-only lanes, which are beneficial in getting to locations faster.
- Sunpass- When it comes to a Sunpass, it is a Floridian’s prized-possession. There are many express lanes, and even airport parking, which only take Sunpass as the form of payment. These will help you get through tolls faster as well and paying less than Bill-to-Plate features or Cash-Only tolls.
- Avoid Rush Hour- If possible, avoid these pesky hours of the day where everyone is busy either commuting to or from work. The hours are usually between 7-9am and in the afternoon they can start as early as 2pm till 6pm.
- Public Parking- When visiting tourist places such as South Beach in Miami, parking can be a hassle. We recommend parking in public locations such as public lots and meters. These can be cheaper than private lots, where some places it is just under $1 per hour, while in private lots it starts at a $20 flat rate.
- GPS System- There are some GPS systems, such as Google Maps, which will provide traffic information for you based on where you are headed and provide you with the fastest way of getting there. This is extremely handy due to random traffic jams that can occur due to the heavy amount of accidents that happen in South Florida.
Gold Coast understands that the traffic in South Florida is something extremely stressful. This is why we provide a linen service that is the complete opposite. You can relax and be at ease knowing that your linen is taken care of by our trusted professionals. Visit our site here for a price quote on a quality service that will take the stress out of your life for good.
1. Florida has the longest coastline in the US and is the only state that borders both the Gulf of Mexico as well as the Atlantic Ocean!
2. It is the largest producer of oranges in the entire US.
3. It is illegal for doors that face outside open inwards due to the hurricane season.
4. Key West has the highest average temperature of any place in the US.
5. Florida has the most golf courses of any state.
6. Ft. Lauderdale aka “Venice of America” received this nickname due to the 150+ miles of waterways.
7. Key Largo is known as the Dive Capital of the World.
8. No matter where you are located within the state you are never more than 60 miles from the beach.
9. Florida is the only place on the planet where alligators and crocodiles live in the same habitat.
10. Florida is not the southernmost state. Hawaii is.
For the typical South Floridian, spending a summer in South Florida seems like an ordinary, typical day. However, if you are on a tight budget or cannot afford to miss work for a trip to a foreign country or another state this summer, here are some fun activities anyone of all ages can take part in in the Sunshine State!
- Jet Skiing or Parasailing- Are you tired of taking trips to the beach and soon after realizing that there is nothing to do besides lay in the messy sand or swim in murky waters with creatures roaming around your body? Spice things up by renting a jet ski for the day or para-sail, your weekend will be fun for sure.
- Fashion Show In Miami- Miami is a popular place for lovers of high-end items. Therefore, this city is almost always hosting several fashion shows in many places either in South Beach or downtown Miami. Visiting one of these fashion shows is a must-do for the fashionista in you.
- Trip To Orlando- Orlando is a fun place to visit over the weekend. The hottest spots are the theme parks, like one of the parks in Disney or checking out Universal/Islands of Adventure. Let the child inside of you come out as you have a blast and enjoy your Florida Resident discount!
- Visit A Zoo- South Florida has many zoos and animal centers that range from ocean animals and land animals. Bring your kids, friends, or significant other with you and enjoy a day with wildlife.
- Give Back To The Community- It doesn’t matter if you are a young college student or a retired senior, giving back to the community is sure to put a smile on anyone’s face. South Florida is filled with many opportunities for volunteer work; you can clean up the beach, feed the homeless, or play with furry pets in the animal shelter.
- Visit A Casino or Bingo Tournament- Want an exciting weekend? Take a chance and visit the casino or your local bingo hall and let the risk-taker inside of you come out.
- Go On A Dinner Date- Whether you’re single or married, young or old, there is nothing more romantic than going on a dinner date in one of South Florida’s finest restaurants. Treat your spouse or new flavor of the week to a dinner by the ocean and enjoy the wonderful place you live in.
- Sunday Brunch- Finish your weekend, getting ready for the new start of the week, by grabbing brunch at a nice restaurant in the middle of your Sunday.
If you are a business owner in the South Florida area and looking for linen for your restaurant or cafe, give us a ring at (954) 785-7202 or (561) 832-3841.
It’s not about what you see, but what you don’t see that can really put your restaurant and its’ customers at risk. The truly dirty items that you should worry about in your restaurants are not just the mud traces on the floor and the wine stains on the bartender’s apron. The most alarming are invisible to the naked eye: germs. While it’s pretty much impossible to get rid of germs altogether – it is important to keep harmful ones at a minimum.
The Dirtiest Items in your Restaurant – Some May Surprise You!
In a recent study conducted by an ABC News correspondent, they have found some of the most germ-infested items in the restaurant to include the following:
- Salad Bar tongs
- Ketchup bottles
- Bathroom faucets and door knobs
- Rims of glasses
- Salt and pepper shakers
How about the items in your kitchen where food is prepared? Other than our pots, pans, and cutlery you’ll be surprised to know that the very things we use to keep our kitchens tidy may very well be the culprit in spreading more germs!
- Countertops and Sinks. Even your stainless steel counters and sinks can house germs and bacteria. While stainless is still your better germ-resistant option, you still need to make sure that traces of raw meat, blood, and other raw produce are cleaned immediately.
- Floors. Just because it does not touch the food – directly – does not mean that you can neglect your kitchen floors. Those little drops of blood, freezer water, and whatever stuck to the bottom of the staff’s shoes track germs throughout. The slightest dampness is an invitation for bacteria to breed. A Floor Mat Service can also assist in preventing tracked in dirt, water and germs from even entering your business!
- Sponges, Mops and Towels. What you use to clean is just as important if not more than actual cleaning. Your bar towels, dish towels, and other similar linens should be handled by a professional linen service like ours to ensure they are sanitized and clean. The same can be said about your mops and mop buckets.
To maintain the quality and cleanliness of your towels and other restaurant linens contact us at Gold Coast! We have a quality linen service program that can be custom tailored to your restaurant and its’ needs. Our facilities practice the highest standards in hygiene, and we have a strict policy on on-time deliveries. This ensures that your restaurant will never run short on quality towels and linens.
In this day and age where technology seemingly makes everything possible, many people have been tweaking traditions and starting new ones. This is especially true with chef’s uniforms. The traditionalists may disagree and want to stick with traditional white attire, but many of today’s trendsetters are bravely venturing towards a more colorful change with their uniform choices.
Like most new trends there is always a question whether or not it suits you and your business. If you’re considering going for a color change on your staff’s uniforms, here are some things that you may want to consider:
- Fine Dining: Some eateries are fashioned to look traditional, others more modern. Most traditional restaurants – the fine-dining, formal-wearing kind – may not look good with colored uniforms.
- Choosing the Right Color Scheme: Many restaurant owners who go for colored uniforms want them to match their company logo and marketing materials. Make sure the colors you choose are ones that match your brand.
- Maintenance: If you’re looking for something low maintenance, neutral colors are the best choice; if you’re looking for easy to find and affordability traditional white is the way to go.
At the end of the day, the decision is yours; however, your most practical choice would always be what works best for your business – in form, convenience, and more importantly costs.
No matter what type of restaurant uniform your business require, we are here to help! At Gold Coast – we offer a wide variety of chef’s uniforms – from crisp, stark whites and also vibrant hues that are sure to match your restaurant’s look while providing the same comfort and protection to the employee.
We don’t only offer the highest quality linens and chef’s uniforms; we also offer services that are top of the line and unmatched by anyone else in the industry. We provide 24/7 access for service requests and quotes, pride ourselves in our on-time regular pick-up and delivery and impressive cost-control reporting that makes sure you know exactly what you’re paying for – nothing more, nothing less, no surprises.
Give your restaurant the linen and uniform service it deserves – Contact Us for a free no obligation quote – (561) 832-3841.
Halloween has evolved from being the kids’ favorite holiday and has now become everyone’s favorite excuse to dress up and binge on sweets. That, and for commercial establishments to deck their storefronts and interiors in true Halloween fashion either to market their special promo for the season or just to get into the spirit of things.
When it comes to decorating, however, it is easy for things to get out of hand. There is a fine but oft ignored line that separates the classy decors from the tacky ones.
Upscale Hollywood Decorating Tips for Your Restaurant
The thing about bad or tacky Halloween decors is that they either create a bad year-round image for your business or make customers take your restaurant less seriously. So unless you want your restaurant to look trashy, or like some backstreet daycare center gone wrong, you might want to use these following tips and tricks:
- Ditch the palette of one too many colors! This is the age of less is more, so you can completely do away with the usual combos of oranges, blacks, violets, greys, and radioactive neon greens. Choose just one or two colors and build your Halloween decor around those.
- Try going vintage. Nothing speaks of spooky and glamorous like a touch of vintage. Picture “Interview with the Vampire” classic – blacks, whites, lace. Bring out your old candelabras, hang that garage sale chandelier, dim the lights and voila! Don’t forget your silk-like ruffled napkins too! Way to transform your restaurant into some sort of haunted mansion.
- Have a single theme. What many restaurant owners often get wrong, and makes a mess of your DIY décor project, is that they get carried away and put too many themes together. The possibilities for Halloween themes are endless but the secret to un-tacky decors is to find a theme that you truly like and to stick to it!
- It does not always have to be spooky! The world offers countless opportunities for Halloween décor themes – reality shows, popular movies, specific musician/celebrity – the list can go on forever.
There you go! Now you’re ready to dress up your restaurant for Halloween – and they don’t really need to include pesky fake cobwebs. Don’t forget your candy stash!
Table cloths and napkins are an essential part of a quality restaurant’s table set up. Restaurants offering high end service cannot afford to skip on a regularly scheduled linen service.
High end restaurant customers expect to pay premium pricing in order to get served culinary specialties– but a steak (no matter the cut that is used) that is served with a side of paper napkins does not give a feeling of luxury. The quality linens we offer create that elegance your high end customers expect of your fine dining establishment.
Why Choose Gold Coast Linen
We at Gold Coast Linen Service have been in business long enough to know what works when creating a formal dining atmosphere and what keeps restaurant owners and managers beyond satisfied with our service. When you sign up with us we assure you that:
- Your restaurant linens will come back to you crisp and clean with every delivery.
- We will pick up and deliver your linens on time every single time – no exceptions.
- We can accommodate your restaurant’s last minute emergencies.
- You will never be caught off guard with hidden charges.
Not only do we have the expertise and the experience when it comes to maintaining restaurant linens in perfect condition; we also have an intense amount of dedication in helping restaurant owners like you save time and money while still providing quality products and service. Allow us to set a regular schedule for your linens to ensure your restaurant will always have the linens you need when you need them. Tablecloths, Napkins, Aprons, Towels, Chef Uniforms and more we ensure quality products and service, on time delivery and fair prices.
Call us at (561) 832-3841 to receive a free no obligation quote on linen service for your South Florida restaurant. We proudly service Stuart, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and surrounding areas!
When you go visit your favorite restaurant do you try new menu items or do you stick with what you know? It’s easy to continue ordering the same thing because you know you’ll like it. Some restaurant customers never try new items, they always get the same order no matter what new items have been added to the menu. A lot of customers are skeptical about trying something that is unfamiliar to them. They don’t even bother checking out what is new on the menu. So how do you get restaurant customers to try new items?
– Adding a promotion along with the new menu items can help get people to try something out of their normal routine of ordering. Offer a special limited time price for the new item to entice customers to try, that way they feel as though they won’t lose if they don’t like the new dish.
– Have the restaurant’s waiters promote the new items in a way that is appealing and interesting. If the server asks the customer, “Want to try our new savory, thinly-sliced turkey sandwich with our special house sauce? We have a half price new dish promotion running so our customers can experience how amazing it is” instead of saying, “ Want to try our new turkey sandwich? It’s on sale” they will peak more customers interests and orders by using the first more descriptive phrase.
– Include an enticing picture on the menu which makes the item look too good to pass up. A menu item with a photo gives the customer a visual of the meal as opposed to just trying to imagine what it is going to look like.
There are many different products and services offered in which customers are always hesitant to switch. Hair salons, doctors, dentists, and even linen and uniform services. It’s not easy to go from a familiar business to one your are not familiar with. You may like your hairdresser who cuts your hair but do you love it or just are OK with it? Or there may be a dentist you have been going to for years but are you satisfied with their service? Sometimes it’s easier just to continuously use a service you are familiar with instead of finding a new one. You may be okay with your restaurants current linen and uniform service provider but are they filling all of your business needs? Do they deliver on time and carry the items you need to run your restaurant smoothly? At Gold Coast we ensure your products are delivered on time, when you need them, on your schedule. Let us handle the laundry and you handle what matters most – your customers. With Gold Coast there are no hidden costs and our team is available 24/7 to answer all your questions and concerns.
Receive a FREE no obligation linen and uniform service quote for your restaurant by calling:
Chef’s Uniforms are classic: those traditional white double breasted chef coats, pants and hats have been around since the mid-nineteenth century and haven’t changed much since then. Their functionality and practicality have made them a staple in many commercial restaurant settings. From high end hotels to mom and pop pizzerias, if you’re cooking, you want to be protected and comfortable.
Uniforms are essential for the people behind the scenes, especially the ones creating the culinary masterpieces that are being served to your customers. There are a many reasons why those restaurant uniforms keep chefs and kitchen staff slicing through their days with ease. Some of these reasons are:
– Restaurant kitchen uniforms help protect against burns that can happen in the kitchen from handling boiling liquids and extremely hot foods.
– They help keep the chef’s personal clothing protected from stains and spills.
– Uniforms also give businesses a professional, commercial image while upholding the tradition of the restaurant attire.
To ensure hygienic practices, chef uniforms should not be worn in public and should be changed at least once a day, being washed and pressed before repeat wear. Gold Coast Linen Services can take care of this aspect of uniform maintenance for your restaurant and its workers, by setting up a uniform program that fits your business needs. Restaurants who have their uniforms laundered by a professional laundry service allow the business to maintain hygienic practices. At Gold Coast, we know the correct way in processing soiled restaurant linens. By having us do your dirty work guarantees a clean and protective covering while working in the kitchen.
At Gold Coast Linen Services we offer these traditional type uniforms but with a modern edge. We have many different styles to suit your individual restaurants needs. There’s no doubt that most restaurants require their staff to wear neatly tailored uniforms, but we can make your restaurants uniforms a part of your business. With custom embroidery we can help build your brand while also keeping your employees safe, comfortable, stylish and ready to work!
A restaurant’s decor should be a guideline in determining the kind of image their employees should portray. A casual bar and grill may allow their employees to wear jeans and a t-shirt to work. A fine dining establishment on the other hand should require their employees to wear a more formal uniform. Uniforms not only help elevate the staff’s level of performance, but also give the restaurant a higher value to the patrons who dine there. Are the staff’s uniforms neatly pressed or do they look as if they just rolled out of bed? Your employees must look as sharp as their surroundings. Establishing a relationship with every customer as if they are your only customer is a great path to a successful business, but if your staff does not look polished and professional, your restaurant will not either.
One of the first things people notice when they first walk into a restaurant is not the food! It’s actually the restaurant’s ambiance and decor. A restaurants decor actually pre-determines if the customer is going to have a great experience, or if it’s off to a bad start already. Are the table linens and napkins clean and crisp looking? Offering paper napkins can misconstrue your restaurant into looking cheap! It is proven that patrons that dine at restaurants offering linen napkins and tablecloths expect to pay more. They also believe that the food and service will be better quality because of the attention to detail in the ambiance. High grade fabrics and fashionable linens are the first step in creating a memorable dining experience.
In addition to quality there are many other important considerations when choosing restaurant linens and uniforms. Are the fabrics stain-resistant? Are they easy to care for and wrinkle free? Your choice of restaurant table linens and staff uniforms should always be made with quality and value in mind. At Gold Coast, we are dedicated to assisting those working in the restaurant industry in making the best decision when choosing uniforms and linens for their restaurant or hotel business. We offer a plentiful selection of quality restaurant linens and staff uniforms that will not break the bank. Allow us to help you create a luxurious look for your restaurant within your budget.